In Coláiste Éanna, we constantly promote excellence and high standards among our students. We acknowledge exceptional punctuality and attendance and reward our students for treating the business of learning in a serious and mature way. The following methods are used in this regard:
- Verbal praise in the classroom from subject teacher to the student or class.
- Display of good individual and/or group work in the classroom.
- Positive comment to Year Head regarding individual students and/or class group.
- Individual credits and positive note in journal for the attention of parents/guardians.
- Class credits entered by subject teacher on Class Chart after each lesson.
- Acknowledgement and reward for Positive Attitude of Class Group on a weekly basis.
- Student/Class of the Month Award. Names of winners displayed in prominent positions in the school.
- Student/Class of the Term Award for each year group. Names of winners announced at assemblies.
- Student/Class of the Year Award for each year group. Names of winners recognised at Annual Awards Night
Further information on Positive Attitude in Coláiste Éanna (PACE) and on other Pastoral Care Programmes can be found on the school’s website www.colaisteeanna.ie
At the end of the year, exceptional performance and achievement are acknowledged during Awards Night and Graduation Night, as well as special awards for Transition Year students. These annual awards are for:
- Outstanding achievement in subject areas.
- Achievements in Sport.
- Leadership and other Awards specific to Transition Year.
- Overall Student of the Year for each year group.
- Membership of Comhairle Na Scoile.
- Senior students are given reference credits.